They can help business owners get a clearer understanding of tax developments, and help them manage tax risk, control costs, seize tax planning opportunities, and gain competitive advantage.
Sterling & Company works hard at evaluating taxpayer facts and circumstances in order to minimize tax liabilities. We deal with main taxes affecting all businesses and those in difficult areas such as international tax, expatriate tax, and value-added tax, and maintain a wide background and experience working with federal, state, and local taxing authorities.
Tax services include:
- Federal, State, & Local income tax preparation. Preparing your own income tax return may leave you with more questions than answers as the US tax code can get complicated, and doing it yourself may just make it worse. In fact, according to a study by the US Government's General Accounting Office, most taxpayers admit they benefited from using a professional tax preparer.
- Income tax planning. The key to legally reducing your tax liability is planning. At Sterling and Company, we take charge of recommending tax-saving strategies to minimize your taxes throughout the year.
- Determining the income tax consequences of various scenarios. Sterling and Company establishes high-end strategies and comprehensive plans to meet your ideal target, improve compliance processes, engage in discussions around responsible tax, manage complex transactions, and add more value to your business.
- Estate tax planning and preparation. No matter the size of your income, estate planning is vital and should also be a part of your financial plan. It is a complex task, but with the guidance of a tax professional like Sterling and Company, the process is made easier. You may have a lot of questions when planning for what happens to your estate when you are gone, But, as experienced professionals, we can help you address each one of them and save your family heartache, time, and money.
- Representation of taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service. As CPAs and with over 20 years of experience, our team has passed a series of rigorous exams and demonstrated mastery of tax rules and regulations, thus earning us the privilege of representing taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Services (IRS). We have unlimited rights to represent taxpayers, including the type of tax matters and whichever IRS office we represent clients before.